So, now we've been a band for over a year and what a fucking great year it's been what with all the tours, seeing lots of lovely places, meeting some fantastic people and occasionally vomiting in the street. Next year's shaping up to be just as awesome with plans for more tours, more people meeting and more vomit. Huzzah.
James already did a much better retrospective of the year on his blog, so you should probably read that instead. Just for the shit of it, here are my top few releases of the year in no particular order:
- Alkaline Trio- This Addiction (Epitaph)- back on form.
- Bomb The Music Industry!- Adults!!! Smart!!! Shithammered!!! And Excited By Nothing!!! (Asian Man) - Because Jeff Rosenstock shouting is glorious.
- Astpai- Heart To Grow (Jump-Start/Ass-Card)- Album of the year.
- The Fractions- Release (Pumpkin)- Lovely.
- The Menzingers- Chamberlain Waits (Red Scare)- Buffalo
- RVIVR- LP (Yo-Yo)- Sexy!
- Off With Their Heads- In Desolation (Epitaph) Not their best but still ace.
- The Ataris- All Soul's Day/The Graveyard Of The Atlantic (Paper+Plastick)- Totally not cool but I really like it. And it shits on their last album.
- Envy- Recitation (Sonzai/Temporary Residence Limited/Rock Action)- Fucking epic.
- Closure- 7" (Thirty Days Of Night) Heavy as balls. Made of concrete. Filled with lead. And on fire. Not sure if this came out this year or last but it rules.
- Tyrannosaurus Alan- Campaign. Riffs-a-plenty
Other stuff that was good that I discovered this year but came out before or something:
- Nothington- Roads, Bridges and Ruins (BYO)
- 7YearsBadLuck- A Tragedy In Two Chapters (Broken Heart)
- Defeater- Lost Ground (Bridge 9)
- Everything The Copyrights have ever released.
- Apologies, I Have None- Two Sticks And Six Strings.
- The Murderburgers- Burned Out/Worn Out (Monster Zero)
Jackass 3D was pretty good too.